Thursday 20 August 2009

Core of Nation tour Day 5

After about 3 hours kip on the stage at Kettering I woke up with a real hangover, you know the type where you really need another 6 hours sleep but you know it's not happening anytime soon.
I took a couple of Anadin and went on the prowl to find some breakfast. No problem as there was a cafe on the other side of the carpark!
Martin FuryUK(drums) in the 'beer garden' at Sawyers!

One bacon butty and a can of Coke later and voila, I started feeling human again (if only it always happened like that). A few minutes later the Swedes called to get me to pick them up at the Travelodge. Only this time there was mass confusion as I went to the one we passed on the way into town. 45 minutes later I found them sitting on the carpark twiddling their thumbs and looking rather impatient, I don't know why as there was no gig that day, just a radio interview at Siren FM in Lincoln.
To make things more interesting on the Travelodge carpark was a retired couple and their vintage motorbike, this cheered me up immensley as I love old stuff like that.

1928 Montgomery with 680cc JAP v-twin, mmmmmm nice.

The Swedes had expressed their desire for a decent meal so I kept an eye out for a decent looking country pub to dine at. This place looked ok so we stopped, a quick call to the FuryUK boys and they joined us.

If you look closely you can see Mark wincing after taking a heavy kick in the wallet, they don't budget for fancy eating when on the road but felt obliged to on this occasion.
After a very nice meal we proceded in an orderly direction to the Travelodge at Sleaford where I resorted to buying some shampoo from the garage as I'd forgotten to pack my own (you wouldn't believe that I used to work on the road a couple of years ago!).
Next on the agenda was a quick social call to the lads from Nightvision to check on a few things and have a beer, or coffee in my case (I am driving).
So it was onward to the studios of Siren 107.3 FM located on the campus of Lincoln University, where Hank and Kjelle fron Core of Nation and Chris and Martin from FuryUK were to appear on a live radio show.
Holy shit, a real radio studio and everything, I was impressed. It was all very interesting and both bands got about 5 mins. airtime and 2 tracks each played and some free publicity for the next nights gig at The Axe and Cleaver in Boston.
After a 30 min. drive back to Sleaford it was shipping order time at McDonalds for supper and an early night.

Cheers, Mick.

No comments:

Post a Comment