Monday 10 August 2009

On tour with Core of Nation Part 1

Day 1















A few months ago my favourite Swedish metal band decided to embark on their 3rd UK tour and asked for the services of a driver to lessen the stress of touring in a foreign land. Being recently self employed, I naturally jumped at the chance and offered my services.
After meeting the band at Manchester airport on Thursday teatime, the first stop was Whittles pub, Oldham. Where I was presented with my Road Crew t-shirt, by Kjelle(vocals) and Ola(bass).
The rush to get to the venue and the stress caused by the journey obviously had an effect on the performance, which the boys were less than happy with, although the audience were in fine spirits and didn't care one little bit, enjoying themselves enormously.

After a bit more post gig R+R the saga of checking in to the Travelodge began, no pics. of this exist and it's probably just as well!
After it all subsided I was home about 2am.

Day 2
The guys had a deserved lie in and i was called about 11am to get them on the road to play at the Bridgerats MCC Ratpack Rally 2009. First we went to meet up with Mark and Lynne of Rocksector Records who were managing the tour and assisting with lending gear and transporting stuff, we would also be gigging with their band Fury UK on some of the gigs.

Now many of my friends regularly attend this biker party, but I'd never been before, so it was a treat for me to get to go in for free. We arrived at about 3pm and were met by Rochdale John (social secretary)
and showed to our parking space directly behind the stage.

Having been to many biker parties and organised events myself I must say that I was mightily impressed with the Bridgerats MCC and their management of our small part in their event.



















Going on stage at 5pm Friday at a biker party almost guarantees a small audience, this was the case here but everyone who bothered to listen was very impressed by the performance and we were even asked if we could go on again later that evening. Unfortunately we had another gig booked at my local pub that evening so were unable to take up the offer.

More later.
Cheers, Mick.

No comments:

Post a Comment