Monday 10 August 2009

Eating kebabs during daylight hours, a discussion.


What is it about eating kebabs that vexes normal people so much?
I recently attended a music festival in a local town and it being tea time I decided to get myself a doner kebab to fight off the near starvation I was suffering from (that may be overstating it a bit).
No sooner had I sat down on a grassy verge, where lots of other people were drinking beer, when I was castigated by one of my peers for being a 'filthy bastard'!
Why is some spiced minced lamb with salad and chilli sauce, wrapped in a naan bread so offensive to most folk? It was delicious, but if you eat it in public, most people think you must either be drunk to contemplate eating such a thing or a social leper for doing so whilst sober. And I didn't drop too much of it in my beard either!
So, to sum up, you're either drunk or wrong in the head if you partake of this delicious delicacy in public during daylight hours. You can't possibly be 'normal' can you. I mean, some folk looked at me as if I'd just trodden dog shit into their brand new carpet,FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or the others tell you you're going to die a painful and horrible death by food poisoning for eating such disgusting muck.
I'll leave the last words to one far more eloquent than myself.

"what don't kill you, make you more strong" J. Hetfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment