Friday 14 August 2009

I'm a rock star!


Last night I finally got to play drums on stage, infront of an audience with some real musicians.
The occasion was my mate Chris' 21st birthday bash at my local, the Hark to Towler

I was joined on stage by Dean Casement, an exceptionally talented guitarist and singer and Little Mick Magnall from Kick the Kat on bass. We played red house by Hendrix (because it's probably the simplest song you can play on the drums) and I did a half decent job of it too.
I was rather nervous and probably had a couple too many before I went on, but hey, it was a party and we were there to have a good time. There were probably enough musicians there to make 5 bands and the lineup changed virtually every song. Next time I'm going to rehearse a bit and try something a bit more challenging.

Cheers, Mick.

No comments:

Post a Comment